If you are just getting started in fastpitch softball, you need to know that players use fastpitch bats made either of composite, aluminum alloy, or a combination. The best bat for a player is the one that swings best for her. Here are some of the best fastpitch softball bats available:
#1 Bat: Louisville Slugger Xeno Plus
Want the bat many elite players choose? While some people don’t like the stiff swing, this composite bat is popular because of its:
- Balanced swing weight.
- Pop on contact.
- Excellent vibration reduction.
- Good weight for power hitters.
- Innovative iST technology which eliminates negative feedback on mis-hit balls.
- Power, huge sweet spot, lighter swing weight, and superior balance
Top 3 Bat Brands
These three brands are solid and reliable choices for your bat:
- Louisville Slugger: With over 100 years of historic bat making, the Louisville Slugger bats are hard to beat. Many of them offer the best grip in the game and have a wide variety of swing weight options for a range of hitters. Additionally, this brand offers solid performance and durability.
- DeMarini: Started on the floor of an old barn, DeMarini is a young company that focuses on perfecting their products. Their dedication to the idea that everyone should have access to professional quality softball bats has changed the sport for the better. DeMarini bats have the reputation of being balanced and solid, with a huge sweet spot and precise weight distribution.
- Easton: Hitters have larger sweet zones because of Easton’s Thermo Composite Technology which also lowers resistance during the swing. Additionally, the 360-degree rotating handle on some Easton bats means the handle rotates as you swing. While the rotating handle can take some getting used to, it can help a player with weak spots at the plate.
Bat Brands on the Rise
- Rawlings Quatro: The engineers at Rawlings have developed a collar for their Rawlings Quatro bat which absorbs vibrations and can deflect the sting of a hit. They’ve also made a Vibration Dampening Technology (VDT) which limits the vibration of impact and makes a smooth feel when the bat contacts the ball. Durability may be an issue with Rawlings but their midrange price bats have a good amount of pop and excellent bat whip.
- Mizuno Nighthawk: An innovation on the Mizuno Nighthawk is a double-wall technology with a thin polypropylene film separating two individual barrel walls. With two barrels, the bat has a higher flex index which maximizes the swing and batted ball speeds. To keep this comfortable, Mizuno uses an elastomeric material to connect the handle and barrel which dampens vibrations on hands and improves the stiff feel of the bat. However, batters who really like the feel of a two-piece bat may still not feel it is loose enough.
Getting the right softball equipment for your young female athlete can give her the chance to play her best. Longstreth Sporting Goods provides softball equipment that meets the unique needs of young women. If you need help choosing a softball bat or other gear, be sure to give us a call.
Whether you are a beginner or a college player in softball, you need the best fastpitch softball bat. Softball is such a thrilling sport particularly when you have the necessary softball equipment that helps you reach the peak of your performance. When it comes to choosing the best fastpitch bat, here are a few factors to consider:
- Get the right material. Consider the material used to manufacture your fastpitch bat. The material has a great impact on the performance, durability and weight of the bat. Bat materials are generally categorized into two: Composite softball bats and alloy softball bats. Composite materials allow for a larger sweet spot in the fastpitch bat barrel and better flex to generate ball speed at contact.
- The right weight of the bat. Comfort is very crucial. Heavy players feel comfortable using heavy bats while lightweight players consider light bats. You should be looking to maximize the combination of weight AND bat speed in order to generate the maximum ball velocity at contact.
- Parts of the softball bat. All the components of your fastpitch bat should be of high quality. These components include the taper, grip, barrel and the knob. They have an effect on your speed, vibration, and shock absorption and general comfort level which helps generate maximum bat speeds.
Having the right factors to consider in mind, there are many types of fastpitch softball bats that are highly ranked globally. They include:
- Louisville Slugger Xeno Fastpitch Softball Bats
This is one of the most popular and effect models available. The Xeno is purely made of composite material, making the bat model light and easy to handle. It comes with a variety of length to weight ratio models. The balanced swing weight helps you enjoy smooth swing and a greater bat speed. The IST technology, which is the latest innovation in the handle of the barrel, makes the softball bat easy to manage. S1iD technology has also been incorporated to improve the flex of the barrel and produce the optimal sweet spot. Apparently, Louisville is more expensive than the other models.
- DeMarini CF9 Fastpitch Bat, CF9 Insane & CF9 Hope Fastpitch Softball Bats
DeMarini has a variety of fastpitch softball bats in its famous CF Series. The most recent and popular models are the CF9, the CF9 Hope and the CF9 Insane models. The CF9 series is made of paradox plus composite which helps provide light swing with an incredible barrel performance. The CF9 Insane is popular due to its end-loaded weight distribution which maximizes power. The Demarini CF9 softball bats have thermofused taper barrels and the D-Fusion 2.0 handles which help eliminate vibration and direct the energy to the barrel.
- Anderson Rocketech Fastpitch Softball Bats
The Anderson Rocketech is a famous fastpitch softball bat. This model is made of aerospace alloy, making it usable in all weather conditions. The Rocketech incorporates an end-loaded weight distribution and a weight that is only 9 ounces less than the bat length to be the most powerful bat available. But this fastpitch softball bat model is ideal for strong players that can swing heavier bats to generate enormous power. It is highly recommended for the upper level high school and college level player.
With a good selection of your fastpitch softball bat, you are good to go and enjoy your game. At Longstreth, we are here to ensure players satisfaction every other day.