If you are just getting started in fastpitch softball, you need to know that players use fastpitch bats made either of composite, aluminum alloy, or a combination. The best bat for a player is the one that swings best for her. Here are some of the best fastpitch softball bats available:
#1 Bat: Louisville Slugger Xeno Plus
Want the bat many elite players choose? While some people don’t like the stiff swing, this composite bat is popular because of its:
- Balanced swing weight.
- Pop on contact.
- Excellent vibration reduction.
- Good weight for power hitters.
- Innovative iST technology which eliminates negative feedback on mis-hit balls.
- Power, huge sweet spot, lighter swing weight, and superior balance
Top 3 Bat Brands
These three brands are solid and reliable choices for your bat:
- Louisville Slugger: With over 100 years of historic bat making, the Louisville Slugger bats are hard to beat. Many of them offer the best grip in the game and have a wide variety of swing weight options for a range of hitters. Additionally, this brand offers solid performance and durability.
- DeMarini: Started on the floor of an old barn, DeMarini is a young company that focuses on perfecting their products. Their dedication to the idea that everyone should have access to professional quality softball bats has changed the sport for the better. DeMarini bats have the reputation of being balanced and solid, with a huge sweet spot and precise weight distribution.
- Easton: Hitters have larger sweet zones because of Easton’s Thermo Composite Technology which also lowers resistance during the swing. Additionally, the 360-degree rotating handle on some Easton bats means the handle rotates as you swing. While the rotating handle can take some getting used to, it can help a player with weak spots at the plate.
Bat Brands on the Rise
- Rawlings Quatro: The engineers at Rawlings have developed a collar for their Rawlings Quatro bat which absorbs vibrations and can deflect the sting of a hit. They’ve also made a Vibration Dampening Technology (VDT) which limits the vibration of impact and makes a smooth feel when the bat contacts the ball. Durability may be an issue with Rawlings but their midrange price bats have a good amount of pop and excellent bat whip.
- Mizuno Nighthawk: An innovation on the Mizuno Nighthawk is a double-wall technology with a thin polypropylene film separating two individual barrel walls. With two barrels, the bat has a higher flex index which maximizes the swing and batted ball speeds. To keep this comfortable, Mizuno uses an elastomeric material to connect the handle and barrel which dampens vibrations on hands and improves the stiff feel of the bat. However, batters who really like the feel of a two-piece bat may still not feel it is loose enough.
Getting the right softball equipment for your young female athlete can give her the chance to play her best. Longstreth Sporting Goods provides softball equipment that meets the unique needs of young women. If you need help choosing a softball bat or other gear, be sure to give us a call.